Our skilled nursing unit is staffed around the clock with highly skilled nurses providing the highest quality care. Care plans are individualized and patients are seen by a physician twice weekly. After lengthy hospitalization or traumatic injury, care may be necessary beyond the hospital stay. Our skilled nursing unit can bridge the gap between hospital admission and return home. Skilled nursing offers an individualized program of care for each patient to achieve the highest functional level possible. The comprehensive care in our warm, nurturing environment encourages recovery and healing that allows the majority of our patients to reach the ultimate goal – to get well and return home.
- Skilled nursing provides those leaving the hospital after an injury or illness a place to transition before returning home.
- This transition time allows the patient to build a foundation – making recovery more successful.
- Our certified skilled nursing unit provides 24-hour medical care and assistance, ensuring optimal progress during the post-acute period.
The following skilled nursing services are available at Elmbrook Home:
- Individualized resident care plan treatments
- IV therapy
- Wound care
- Respite stays
- Enteral feeding/teaching
- Catheter care
- Ostomy care
- Colostomy Care
- Off-site dialysis
- Ileostomy Care
- Nutrition & hydration programs
- Preventative skincare
- Medication administration
- Diabetes management & teaching
- Restorative nursing
- Pain management
- Hospice program
- Bowel & bladder training
- Model environment for nurse training
- In-house, ongoing continued learning courses and CNA training programs
- Audiology Services
- On staff registered dietitian
- Laboratory testing and X-rays
- Transportation services
Our experienced nurses provide help with all aspects of managing diabetes including blood glucose monitoring, insulin administration and tracking, exercise plan, menu planning, education, and more.
Restorative Nursing Program
At Elmbrook Home, we seek to maximize the quality of life for our long-term care population, who require a specialized restorative program. Of course, this service is included in the room and board fee. The therapy team and nursing staff develop individualized treatment plans for resident care in the areas of:
- Range of motion
- Activities of daily living
- Positioning and alignment
- Skin integrity and wound management
- Contracture management
- Bowel and bladder training
- Rehabilitative and social dining
- Strengthening and restraint reduction
- Weekly and monthly height and weight monitoring
- Provide meals to meet specific dietary and therapeutic needs, according to physician orders
- Oral supplemental diets are available
- Regular nutritional assessments from our registered dietitian
Contact Us Today!
Call us to set a time when you can stop by to tour our facility, enjoy a meal and meet our wonderful staff.
Your healthcare choice in Ardmore, OK
1811 9th Avenue NW
Ardmore, OK 73401